Windows Server Installing Support
Windows Server Installing Support is a brand name for a group of server operating systems released by Microsoft. It includes all Windows operating systems branded “Windows Server“, but not any other Microsoft product. The first Windows server edition to be released under that brand was Windows Server 2003. However, the first server edition of Windows was Windows NT 3.1 Advanced Server, followed by Windows NT 3.5 Server, Windows NT 4.0 Server, and Windows 2000 Server; the latter was the first server edition to include Active Directory, DNS Server, DHCP Server, Group Policy, as well as many other popular features used today.
This brand includes the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003 (April 2003)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (December 2005)
- Windows Server 2008 (February 2008)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (July 2009)
- Windows Server 2012 (August 2012)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (October 2013)
- Windows Server 2016 (September 2016)
By delegating the managing and upkeep of the server to a cloud computing service such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, users get the benefit of paying monthly based on usage rather than a large fixed cost. Furthermore, infrastructure tends to be more reliable and it is easier to scale up as necessary. However, buying and running a server in-house may be a better choice in certain cases when it is more cost effective. Other use cases such as using a Windows server to manage client computers in a facility are also appropriate for running a physical server.
Windows Server Installing Support Step-by-Step Instructions
To install IIS follow the steps below:
- Open Server Manager, select Roles.
- Add the Web Server role and include the following:
- Common HTTP Features -> HTTP Redirection
- Application Development -> CGI.
- Open Internet Explorer and access http://localhost, it should bring up the IIS7 splash page.
Windows Server Installing Support Set Default Document (Optional)
Windows Server Installing SupportSet default document to index.php.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager Windows Server Installing Support , select the server name from the list.
- Select the Default Document, highlight index.php and choose Move Up from the Actions side panel until index.php is at the top Windows Server Installing Support.
To install MySQL follow the steps below Windows Server Installing Support. :
- Launch the installer, select Typical settings Windows Server Installing Support. .
- After installation you will be prompted to run the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard.
- Select Detailed Configuration, then click Next.
- Select Server Machine, then click Next.
- Select Multifunctional Database, then click Next.
- Select the database path, then click Next.
- Select Decision Support (DSS)/OLAP, then click Next.
- Confirm Enable TCP/IP Networking, Add firewall exception for this port and Enable Strict Mode are checked, then click Next.
- Select Standard Character Set, then click Next.Windows Server Installing Support.
- Confirm Install as Windows Service is checked, then click Next.
- Enter in root password, then click Next. Windows Server Installing Support.