PRODUCTION OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Production Operations Management System for Production control is the activity of monitoring and controlling a large physical facility or physically dispersed service. It is a “set of actions and decision taken during production to regulate output and obtain reasonable assurance that the specification will be meet. The American Production and Inventory Control Society, nowadays APICS, defined production control in 1959.
production operations management system Production control is the task of predicting, planning and scheduling work, taking into account manpower, materials availability and other capacity restrictions, and cost so as to achieve proper quality and quantity at the time it is needed and then following up the schedule to see that the plan is carried out, using whatever systems have proven satisfactory for the purpose.
production operations management system Production planning and control in larger factories is often run from a production planning department run by production controllers and a production control manager. Production monitoring and control of larger operations is often run from a central space, called a control room or operations room or operations control center (OCC).
The emerging area of Project Production Management (PPM), based on viewing project activities as a production system, adopts the same notion of production control to take steps to regulate the be havior of a Production Operations Management System where in this case the production system is a capital project, rather than a physical facility or a physically dispersed service.
Production control is to be contrasted with project controls. As explained, production operations management system project controls have developed to become centralized functions to track project progress and identify deviations from plan and to forecast future progress, using metrics rooted in accounting principles.
Benefits of deploying a Production Operations Management System :
- Real time visibility at two levels i.e. operating level & Management level for real time decision making
- Order wise capability to get actual/ possible dispatch timelines to commit to client in an effective manner (CRM on real time basis)
- Standardizing the operations on SAH/Cycle times with data points and analysis on actual utilization of capacity – resources – time
- Defining priorities on specific client orders and enabling the same level of prioritization across all departments using the system
(enabling a change with a single click on objectives!!! production operations management system
- Real time visibility of rejections – reasons – quality enforcement etc production operations management system
- Post deployment, initial discovery on actual and possible SAH and ability of reduce the same over a period of time, thereby saving significant man-hours’/days
- Continuously improve and refine the production process to bring in increased revenues investing optimal resources and time at the facility
- Cost reduction avenues for production, material and inventory control, resources production operations management system etc.