MIFARE CARD Singapore
MIFARE CARD Singapore NXP Semiconductors-owned trademark of a series of chips widely used in contactless smart cards and proximity cards.
The MIFARE CARD Singapore name covers proprietary technologies based upon various levels of the ISO/IEC 14443 Type A 13.56 MHz contactless smart card standard. According to MIFARE themselves, 10 billion of their smart card chips and 150 million of their reader modules have been sold. The technology is owned by NXP Semiconductors, which was spun off from Philips Electronics in 2006.
MIFARE CARD Singapore The technology is embodied in both cards and readers.
The MIFARE CARD Singapore name (derived from the term MIkron FARE Collection System) covers seven different kinds of contactless cards:
- MIFARE CARD Singapore Classic
- Employs a proprietary protocol compliant to parts 1-3 of ISO/IEC 14443 Type A, with an NXP proprietary security protocol for authentication and ciphering.
- MIFARE Classic
- MIFARE CARD Singapore Ultralight
- Low-cost ICs that employ a proprietary protocol compliant to ISO/IEC 14443-3 Type A. MIFARE Ultralight based tickets are ideal for high volume applications such as public transport, loyalty cards and event ticketing.
- MIFARE Ultralight C
- The first low-cost ICs for limited-use applications that offer the benefits of an open Triple DES cryptography. The MIFARE Ultralight C can act as a single trip mass transit ticket, event ticket, or low cost loyalty card, and are also used for device authentication.
- MIFARE CARD Singapore MIFARE DESFire
- Are smart cards that comply to ISO/IEC 14443-4 Type A with a mask-ROM operating system from NXP. The ‘DES’ in the name refers to the use of a DES, 2K3DES, 3K3DES and AES hardware cryptographic engine for securing transmission data; while ‘Fire’ is an acronym for ‘Fast, innovative, reliable and enhanced’.
- MIFARE CARD Singapore MIFARE DESFire EV1
- Includes AES encryption. MIFARE DESFire EV1 delivers a balance of speed, performance and cost efficiency.
- MIFARE DESFire EV2
- The second evolution of our industry-leading MIFARE DESFire open architecture platform for smart cards offers superior performance, state-of-the-art security, privacy and enhanced multi-application support to enable new business models.
- MIFARE Plus
- Drop-in replacement for MIFARE Classic with certified security level (AES-128 based) and is fully backwards compatible with MIFARE Classic.
- MIFARE SAM AV2
- Secure access module that provides the secure storage of cryptographic keys and cryptographic functions.